Dr. Cannon Lewis earned his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Biology from Rice University. He attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX on a scholarship from the United States Air Force. After general surgery residency training in San Antonio, he traveled to Connecticut for fellowship training in colon & rectal surgery.
He served proudly in the USAF for 18 years, then Lt. Col. Lewis returned to San Antonio to enter private practice in 2012. He maintains a busy practice in General Surgery and Colorectal Surgery. Currently, he is a Fellow in both the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
- Undergraduate — Rice University, Houston, Texas
- Medical — Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Residency — Wilford Hall Medical Center/UTHSCSA, San Antonio, Texas
- Fellowship — Colon & Rectal Surgery, St. Francis Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Benign and Malignant Anorectal Disease
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse -Fecal Incontinence
- Benign and Malignant Colon Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery
- Robotic Surgery